We're happy at Emi to share that we have secured an $11M funding round co-led by Merus Capital and Khosla Ventures. The funding will help us move faster towards our mission of increasing frontline workers' access to professional opportunities.
The round also included the participation of Flexport Ventures, FiDi Ventures, Lorimer Ventures, PrimeSet, and a group of experienced founders and operators, including Ryan Peterson (Co-Founder & CEO at Flexport), Rajesh Ramanand (Co-Founder & CEO at Signifyd), Armando Mann (Chief Business Officer & Board Member at Hopin) and Rajat Suri (Presto) among others.
Our main goal during 2021 was to ensure that we were providing real, critical value in the talent acquisition process of our growing client base, which includes leading and innovative global brands such as Walmart, Danone, 7-Eleven, Starbucks, Burker King, and Heineken. We exceeded our expectations and enabled more than 20,000 jobs through our AI platform, which meant a 10X growth vs 2020.
This was all possible thanks to our hard-working and mission-driven team. Our team is not only technically exceptional in their fields, but they have the capacity of being:
- People-driven: working as a team, empathetically, and prioritizing value-creation by solving problems.
- Humble learners: putting their ego aside, learning how to act in the unknown, and being motivated by being surrounded by people better than themselves.
- Acting with focus: breaking down problems in small steps to move forward daily and prioritizing what's the most important thing to do.
- Proactive owners: working autonomously on challenges and overseeing that things happen.
We’re proud of what this Series A represents – recognition and validation of what our team, driven by our mission, can achieve. That’s why this year we will invest in expanding our product along the talent acquisition process, as well as growing our client base.
This is a huge milestone but a small step towards our big vision. We're excited about what the future holds! We'll use the funding to invest in our talented and mission-driven team, doubling it by the end of 2022.
Come join a global team with a shared mission and values! Check our job openings here or reach out at email@example.com.
- Emi’s technology makes hiring frontline workers faster (TechCrunch)
- Our Manifesto: Building the Infrastructure for Frontline Workers
- Series A Press Release